Thursday, June 3, 2010

1 more day to GO

Just a quick update and thoughts before I hit the sack. We have a very long travel day tomorrow. It will take us about 16 or 17 hours to get to Anchorage. We'll rest at one of the team member from last year's trip house over night -- Thank you Ray! Then we'll catch our charter flight to Tanana and the wrap up the final leg with a lovely 3 hour boat ride down the Yukon River to Kokrine Hills Bible Camp.
Well, today I was able to wrap up the final logistics and grab some snack food (gotta have my Twizzlers) -- because there ain't no Walgreens or CVS on every corner where we're going. Was able to lunch with my daughter and we had pizza for dinner. I just finished up my final packing and getting the camera ready to capture some of the most beautiful country God has created. All in all, its been a crazy day -- in fact Jordan even lost (yet another) tooth. Where's the Rock when you need him ;-)
We had another last minute scramble and a couple of guys from the team jumped right in to help -- Thanks Archie and David. Make the Lowe's run, I'll hold the van up for you.
I just know the Lord has many blessing in store for each of us. Its late I need to get some rest. Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. The team is off and running. I spoke with Mark at 11:50 am and they were boarding the plane (Charlotte). He said they would arrive in Anchorage about 4:30 am our time, sleep (hopefully) for awhile then take the charter flight about 8:00 a.m. They are going to have a long... two days of travel. Kellie Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news....What a relief ! I am so glad you all arrived safely. Enjoy the week, and I look forward reading more post. danielle xo

    ReplyDelete